Columbus City Tours: Frequently Asked Questions…and Answers
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- What is included in the ticket price?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Do you ever cancel tours?
- What if I want to come at the last minute?
- Can I bring my child on the tour?
- What will we see on the tour?
- Is there anything to offer Columbus residents?
- Are there bathrooms available on the tour?
- Do you start and finish in the same place?
- Where should I park? Is there parking near the tour meeting point?
- Can you accommodate individuals in wheelchairs?
- Are Cameras allowed on the tour?
- Can I book a private tour?
- Can you pick me up from my hotel?
- How much walking is there?
- How many people will be on the tour?
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Will you wait for me if I am late for the tour?
A: Although typically can accommodate walk on guests we cannot guarantee seat will be available on the vehicles. Reservations are encouraged to secure your space.
A: A guided tour with transportation to and from pick up location for bus tours.
A: Tickets are non-refundable but date changes are available on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Columbus City Adventures to request a date change. Within 24 hours of a tour tickets are non-transferable.
A: Although it is very rare, we do reserve the right to cancel in case minimum enrollment is not met or in the event of a severe weather warning. In the case of cancellation, we will refund tickets or reschedule purchased tickets to another date. In the unlikely event that a tour is canceled, we offer refunds of the full face value of tickets.
A: If seats/space is available you are welcome to come along-just bring your credit card or cash for payment. We cannot guarantee availability for walk ons.
A: We cannot accommodate young children (under 8) on the van based tours since the van is not equipped to accept children’s car seats. The walking tours are approximately two hours long. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation individually as to whether the tour is appropriate for their child. Please call or email us if you have questions.
A: Each tour is customer designed with a theme in mind- from focusing on architecture and art; to history and cultural attractions. Guests will learn about the history, cultural attractions, new developments and much more.
A: Yes, we find that even people who have lived in Columbus all their lives learn about new places and gain a deeper understanding of Columbus history on our tours.
A: Bathroom stops will be limited on most tours. Emergency situations can be accommodated.
A: Yes – we will return you to the start location at the end of the tour.
A: When you book your ticket, you’ll be given advice on where to park for each individual itinerary.
A: Please contact us in advance so that we can make arrangements to accommodate you.
A: Absolutely! If you get a shot you love, please share it with us on social media, or include it in a review!
A: We may be able to arrange a pick up from a downtown hotel. We try to select centrally located pickup points, and are happy to assist with advice for getting to these points.
A: None on the van/bus tours. Each walking tour’s description will include the approximate total walking distance.
A: It varies, but the maximum numbers for public tours are 14 for van tours, 18 for walking tours and 33 for bus tours.
A: Generally, tours occur regardless of weather, but we reserve the right to cancel in the event that weather is severe enough to threaten the safety of our participants.
A: Gratuities are not expected, but always appreciated. We also gratefully accept your feedback on Yelp!, Trip Advisor, Google or Facebook.
A: Tours start promptly so as to stay on schedule and not delay other guests. Please try to arrive 10 minutes before the tour departs.