Take an unforgettable journey with former TV News Anchor and Secret Columbus book author Anietra Hamper to uncover a side of Columbus most people have never seen, or even knew existed. With Secret Columbus’s author as your guide on the tour you will visit some of the hidden, fascinating, and unusual places in Columbus that are revealed in the book. In a special partnership with career investigative journalist Anietra Hamper, Columbus City Adventures offers several tours created from the topics and stories from Secret Columbus that will make you go home with a new perspective on the capital city.
NEW for Fall 2020:
Secret Columbus- Downtown Columbus
Statehouse Square October 13, 19, & 27 6:30pm
Author and former television news anchor Anietra Hamper and Columbus City Adventures have teamed up again with a new walking tour highlighting a hidden side of Columbus. This themed tour, centers around chapters in the book, Secret Columbus: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful and Obscure focuses on the blocks surrounding the Ohio Statehouse.
Tour & Autographed Book – $46
*****During the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic Columbus City Adventures pledges to follow all health department guidelines regarding group gatherings. Our tours are limited to 8 guests and masks will be required for guides and guests.
Book online now!
Other Secret Columbus Itineraries include:
Secret Columbus – Spooky Columbus
- The Insane asylum cemetery
- One of the oldest and largest cemeteries in Ohio, and a soldier’s grave that was “lost” for over 90 years.
- A visit to the final resting place for over 2,000 Confederate Soldiers
- A “lost” highway
- Exclusive private tour of the showpiece of the Columbus Mausoleum Company and resting place for over 400, including world renown magician Howard Thurston
This tour is priced at $50 or $68 for the tour + a copy of the book. The tour is provided on air-conditioned bus transportation and lasts approximately 2.5 – 3 hours. Guests will get on and off the bus during the tour to visit some of the sites, there will be some walking on grass so please wear appropriate footwear. Sites may occasionally vary due to road closures and other unlikely eventualities.
All our “Secret Columbus” tours are available by appointment for private groups.
Secret Columbus – Hidden East Side
- The final resting place of beloved Columbus pets
- A hidden military city
- Remnants of segregation in Columbus
- The world’s first suburban strip mall
- Visit to The Original Columbus Airport Terminal- the starting point of the first commercial transcontinental air transportation in the United States
Secret Columbus – Downtown
- Relics of the old Ohio Penitentiary hidden in plain sight
- The oddest shaped building in downtown Columbus
- Where the only Original Mr. Peanut still in use now resides
- The inspiration for the unknown Columbus City Anthem
- World’s Largest Gavel
- The site of the most original television experiment in Columbus history
- An exclusive, private after-hours view of the Columbus skyline from the city’s most spectacular and secret location